Duromax generators are noted for their lifespan and durability, making them one of the best on the market. They come in various pricing ranges, so there’s something for everyone who requires a portable generator to power their household necessities. For someone who isn’t aware of generators, the huge number of options available on the market can be bewildering. In addition, purchasing a portable generator is a significant financial commitment.
This is why we’ve compiled a list of our favorite Duromax generators. We compiled a summary of all the benefits and drawbacks to assist you in making the best decision. Duromax manufactures high-performance generators for a wide range of applications. Duromax generator evaluations show that these machines are renowned for their durable design and long operating duration.
DuroMax generators are known for failing solely owing to a lack of adequate maintenance or disobedience of the owner’s instructions, never on their own. The DuroMax xp13000eh and xp13000eh generators are powerful and economical, making them ideal value generators.
The xp13000eh has a peak capacity of 13,000 watts, making it an excellent generator for home backup power and job sites. It’s a sturdy machine that can run refrigerators, air conditioners, and most other household appliances without overheating.
This DuroMax xp13000eh and 13000HX review should assist you in determining whether or not these are the finest portable generator for your needs.
Comparison Between Duromax EH vs HX
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine. Engine Speed-3600 RPM. Wheel Diameter-10-Inches .With Gasoline : Peak Wattage - 13,000., Running Wattage - 10,500., Running Amperage at 120V - 87.5., Running Amperage at 240V - 43.75., Runtime at 25% Load - 17., Runtime at 50% Load - 8With Propane : Peak Wattage - 12,350., Running Wattage - 9,975., Running Amperage at 120V - 83.13., Running Amperage at 240V - 41.56., Runtime at 25% Load - 13., Runtime at 50% Load - 6Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating..Fuel Gauge : Yes, Fuel Tank Capacity Gasoline : 8.3 Gallons, Volume (db) : 74 dB, Battery Type : 12V SLA.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
The DuroMax XP13000E is a high-output gas generator with a robust appearance. Based on user feedback, it appears to be one of the top generators in its class. A key part of its success is the incredibly low price for such a large portable generator. When it comes to inexpensive, high-quality generators, the DuroMax XP13000Eh isn’t alone.
At Appliances Connection, you can get the XP13000EH Portable Hybrid Dual Fuel Gas Propane Generator with 13000 Watts, 20 HP Engine, Low Oil Shutoff, and Idle Control. This unit offers the same power as stationary home standby systems in a portable compact. It also includes a 500cc OHV engine that powers the XP13000EH, a Dual Fuel workhorse. This generator can power household needs like lighting, major appliances, and central air conditioning systems with 10,500 watts of normal power and a surge capacity of 13,000 watts.
- Powerful XP1300EH engine
- Dual fuel technology
- Free to choose the fuel
- 13,000Watts starting power
- A wide selection of power outlets
- EPA and CARB approved to offer the power everywhere
- Item dimensions L*W*H: 30*29*26 inches
- Engine placement: 500 cubic CM
- Voltage: 240v
- Frequency: 60HZ
High power range
This unit can manage heavy loads such as lights and a refrigerator, as well as a home air conditioner and high-amperage power tools, thanks to its 13,000 beginning watts and 10,500 running watts.
Dual Fuel Technology
This generator can run on either gasoline or propane, offering you a wide range of fuel options. The DuroMax 500cc OHV engine is a workhorse with enough power to accomplish various tasks, including powering high-voltage appliances and heavy-duty power tools.
Input Fuel Control
On the front of the generator, you may control the fuel input. Set the fuel to gasoline, propane, or use it to drain and store the fuel from the carburetor. When the generator is not in use, the RPMs are reduced, conserving fuel and minimizing noise—ideal for circumstances where power is utilized intermittently, such as on construction sites.
Advanced Power panel
For optimal compatibility with your applications, the power panel contains two 120V home GFCI outlets, one 120V 30A twist-lock outlet, one 240V 30A outlet, and one 240V 50A outlet. A voltmeter and 12V DC charging connections are also included on the panel for charging external batteries. The generator automatically shuts down when the oil level is low to protect your investment.
- All-new control center with a digital multimeter, push-button start, and a front-facing fuel interface allowing you to change your fuel type in seconds! The digital multimeter displays voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance
- This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology” that will automatically shut down the generator if an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected
- Built using a powerful 500cc OHV DuroMax engine and features ALL COPPER WINDINGS designed to make your generator last for years
- The fully loaded power panel includes four 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120V 30AMP outlet, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet, and a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet making it transfer switch ready!
With 13,000 watts of POWER, the XP13000HX is the crown gem of the HX Series. This generator provides the same power as stationary home standby generators but a more cost-effective, portable package! This workhorse is perfect for home backup and can power most household basics such as lights, appliances, and even central a/c systems during any power outage, storm, or emergency event, thanks to its 500cc ohv DuroMax engine.
The DuroMax XP13000HX generator is a strong unit with a brand-new control center. Idle Control and a Low Fuel Shutoff Sensor are also included. Starting is a breeze with the push-button start. This DuroMax generator can power all of your household requirements as well as other high-power tools. The voltage output, operating frequency, and maintenance hours are all displayed on the digital multimeter.
This generator is powerful enough to handle the power needs of your job site. This dual fuel generator produces the same amount of power as a standby generator in a small form. However, it would not be an excellent solution for camping or any other use case that necessitates frequent migration.
- Central control system with a multimeter
- Dual fuel technology
- Automatic shutdown option in case of excessive carbon monoxide
- 500cc OHV DuroMax engine
- Four 120v GFCI outlets
- Item Dimension L*W*H: 30*29*26 inches
- Output Wattage: 13,000 Watts
- Engine Type: 4 strokes
Advanced Control Panel
The power panel of this generator incorporates a digital command center. Voltage output, operation frequency, and maintenance hours can all be tracked. It also includes a circuit breaker for each circuit, a low oil sensor, and idle control. These make maintenance and generator operation much easier to plan.
Starting a generator by pulling the recoil is tough, and it becomes more difficult as the generator ages. Starting your generator with an electric start eliminates any difficulty. A push-button electric start is included with this DuroMax portable generator. In case of an emergency, it also contains a recoil starter.
Durable And Portable
The engine of this generator features entirely copper windings. These keep your engine cool, which extends its life. When the oil level is low, the fuel shutdown sensor detects a low fuel level and turns down the engine.
This prevents the generator engine from being damaged due to low fuel levels. DuroMax XP 13000HX generator is quite large and heavy. Thanks to its never-flat wheels and folding handle, this generator is easy to move.
When used, all portable generators emit toxic gases and particles. Carbon Monoxide is one of these gases. The DuroMax XP13000HX generator is EPA and CARB compliant. It signifies that its emission levels are within acceptable limits. CO alarm technology is included in this generator. The CO Alert keeps track of the amount of carbon monoxide in the air. When the CO level rises, the engine is shut down with a high CO level alert.
Which Generator Is Best For You? DuroMax XP 13000EH vs DuroMax XP 13000HX
The XP13000HX is a dual-fuel generator from the DuroMax XP series. This powerful generator can power all of your home’s electronic devices, including your central air conditioning system. Idle Control, a digital command center, CO alert Technology, and other features are included in this generator. The DuroMax XP 13000HX generator is an excellent choice if you require this much electricity. It can be used as a whole backup solution for your home.
DuroMax XP 13000EH has the same specifications as DuroMax XP 13000 HX. However, it doesn’t include the safety control to show the excessiveness of CO. That’s why it is always a good option to choose the DuroMax XP 13000 HX instead of XP 13000 Eh.
After comparing these two Duromax generators, it’s easy to say that there’s one that’s ideal for you. The XP13000EH variant is ideal for heavy-duty applications. DuroMax EH is an ideal option for those looking for an affordable and durable option.
If you are looking for high-end and advanced options in a generator, DuroMax XP 13000HX is an ideal consideration. Hopefully, discussed details, including features, specifications, and pros and cons, are more than enough to choose the right generator for your needs. Now, it is up to you either go for the DuroMax XP 13000EH or DuroMax XP 13000HX!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will a DuroMax generator last?
If the DuroMax generator tank is full of Gasoline, it can easily last up to 8 hours. However, this run time depends on the generator’s specifications and connected electric devices.
Who makes DuroMax small engines?
Duro Power, a power tools maker company based in California, is the main manufacturer of DuroMax small engines. The main purpose of this company is to offer durable, affordable, and portable generators with dual-fuel technology.
What is HX series DuroMax?
HX series is the main and leading generator series of DuroMax. However, the specifications of the HX and EH series are similar. But HX series comes with a safety alert to show the excessive level of CO. Moreover, it also includes the automatic system shut down option in case of any emergency.
Can DuroMax generator run on natural gas?
Of course, yes! You can use natural gas, propane, and Gasoline to run the DuroMax generators.
How long will a DuroMax generator run on gasoline?
Without any power surge, a DuroMax generator can run up to 8 hours on Gasoline.
How long can DuroMax generator run on propane?
The run time on propane is less than Gasoline for the DuroMax generator. You can keep the generator running for up to 6 hours on Propane.