Are you interested in comparing some of the greatest generators available? Here’s a detailed look at the DuroMax and Champion generators. This review will look at some of the most popular generators from these two manufacturers. The higher the peak and operating watts your portable generator requires, the more appliances you wish to power.
The peak or starting watts is the amount of power required to start your appliances, whereas the running watts are the amount of electricity required to keep them running once they have stabilized. DuroMax is regarded for producing some of the most reliable dual-fuel generators on the market.
When it comes to creating reliable, powerful, and inexpensive generators, the Champion brand is still one of the best. When you choose the Champion generator, you get exactly that. It provides adequate power to manage multiple electronics in your home or RV as a portable power supply.
This article will compare and contrast these two generators on a broad scale. When you reach the end of the guide, you will have all of the knowledge you need to make an informed decision. Let’s start with what you should look for when purchasing a generator.
Duromax vs Champion Generators
DuroMax XP5500EH Electric Start-Camping
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.Runtime (Gasoline) at 50% Load : 9 hrs. Runtime (Propane) at 50% Load : 8 hrs.
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Low Oil Shutoff
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V household GFCI outlets, and (1) 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
The DuroMax XP5500EH dual fuel generator is designed to provide the maximum amount of power for various applications. Because it is dual-powered, you have the option of running it on various fuel sources. The DuroMax XP5500EH is a user-friendly machine with a maximum power output of 5,500 watts.
With Dual Fuel Technology, you may run your generator on either gas or liquid propane, offering you more fuel options. This tough item is ideal for the Jobsite and is portable enough for tailgating and camping. The XP5500EH is a powerful battery that will keep you charged at home, on the road, or in a business.
The model offers excellent value for money. Let’s talk about some more features that might entice someone to purchase it right now:
- Starting power: 5500Watts
- Dual Fuel technology
- Powerful engine: DuroMax 24cc OHV engine
- Maximum power providing technology
- Fully featured power panel
- 120V household GFCI outlets
- 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet
- Frequency: 60HZ
Given that this generator uses dual-fuel technology, it will be fascinating to see how it operates and how much power it can produce. The generator produces 4500W operating watts and 5500W peak watts when running on gasoline. It’s simple to understand how it could be great for simultaneously powering several electronics.
Higher Run Time
On its 4-gallon fuel tank, the generator can run for up to 9 hours. When it’s on gas and at half-load, it looks like this. The model can run for up to 8 hours on propane. It’s clear that regardless of the fuel source you use, you’ll always have a long run time.
Multiple AC Outlets
With three AC outlets, you’ll enjoy utilizing the generator. You’ll have enough outlets to plug in multiple extension cords to power your devices. It’s not difficult to connect to your RV. With a few more adapters, you’ll be able to use a transfer switch to connect to your RV or home. There is also one DC outlet to attach your batteries to charge them more quickly.
Portable And Stable
The overall dimensions of this generator are 25 x 22 x 22 inches and rather large. Even when it’s running, you’ll see that it’s really stable. It’s 124 pounds in weight. Although it isn’t the lightest model, the open frame design makes it easy to transport. Using the wheel kit and foldable handle, we recommend pushing it to your destination.
An Easy-To-Use Control Panel
The control panel on this generator is simple to operate. You can access numerous controls, meters, and outlets from the control panel. The panel is properly labeled to make it easy to use the generator. Because the generator has a built-in fuel gauge, you can get a lot more information about when it’s time to refuel it.
Champion Power Equipment 100813 9375/7500
- Ultra-Powerful: At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts, enjoy up to 8 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 74 dBA from 23 feet
- Electric start: Trust the reliable 420cc Champion engine with its battery-included electric start featuring a reliable toggle switch, plus built-in Cold Start Technology for easy starts in cold weather
- Covered Outlets: Four 120V 20A GFCI outlets, a120/240V 30A locking outlet and a 120/240V 50A outlet (14-50R), plus Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your equipment safe
- Intelligauge: Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Champion Support: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
The Champion Power Equipment 100813 7500-Watt Portable Generator was created with your safety and convenience in mind. This generator is a cost-effective alternative that provides electricity and peace of mind. It will supply all of the backup power you require in a power loss or an emergency.
The 420cc Champion single-cylinder OHV engine offers the power to handle the many power tools and heavy equipment you’ll need for jobs. Champion has you covered when it comes to convenience. The easy electric start with the included battery will come in handy, and advanced technology assures a fast start in cold weather.
The Interlanguage keeps track of voltage, frequency, and working hours, and the foldaway U-shaped handle and never-flat tires make moving your power a breeze. This generator is certified by the Environmental Protection Agency and meets CARB requirements. You can go for this generator definitely, knowing that Champion Support will provide a 3-year limited warranty and free lifelong technical support.
- Ultra-power running system
- 7500 running watts
- 420cc reliable engine
- Four 120V 20A GFCI
- Intelliguage tracking system
- 74db noise level
- Champion support with a 3-year warranty
Reliable Power Start
Enjoy up to 8 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 74 dba from a distance of 23 feet, thanks to 9375 beginning watts and 7500 running watts. With a battery-included electric start and a reliable toggle switch, plus built-in cold start technology for easy starts in cold weather, the 420cc champion engine is a safe bet.
Outlets With Power Guard
Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your equipment safe with four 120V 20A GFCI outlets, a 120/240V 30A locking outlet, and a 120/240V 50A outlet.
Voltage Track With Champion Support
To conveniently monitor power production and track maintenance intervals, keep note of voltage, hertz, and run-time hours. This generator contains a 3-year limited guarantee and free lifelong technical assistance from a team of specialists.
Which generator is the best choice for you?
Both the DuroMax and the Champion generators are good options, but the DuroMax XP5500EH is an excellent deal. The DuroMax XP5500EH or the Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel Generator are excellent choices. Both are dependable, durable, and long-lasting.
The DuroMax, on the other hand, is more inexpensive and has a higher peak and running power, so it simply gives you more bang for your buck. Even with the additional oil and a propane pipe, the DuroMax is still less expensive than the Champion.
If you prefer to buy a generator based on its power, the DuroMax XP5500EH model is your best bet. Compared to the Champion 7500-Watt generator, it has a higher rated power. The Champion 7500-watt is designed for folks on a tight budget who require power for delicate equipment.
The XP5500EH’s THD performance prevents it from being used with delicate electronics. Many folks will be interested in the XP5500EH generator’s dual-fuel capability. People think it’s a brilliant idea because it allows them to handle more applications with only one generator.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is champion a good portable generator?
Of course, yes! If you are looking for a highly reliable and portable generator, Champion generators are the best choice. However, you can choose from the different voltage levels of these generators according to your power supply needs and requirements.
How long do Champion generators last?
Normal Champion generators can run up to 10,000 to 20,000 run hours. The overall lifespan of the generator depends on the type and size of the generator. Make sure to power your generator on for about half an hour each week for maximum running time.
What will a 12000-watt generator run?
A 1200-Watt generator is more than enough to keep all the electric devices running in your home even without missing a beat. You can keep the fans, refrigerator, heaters and any other appliance plugged on the power outlet running easily.
Can I run my Champion generator in the rain?
Of course, yes, power outlets have guard protection to save the sockets from damages during the rain. So, you can keep the generator running even during the rain without any safety risk and damage. However, you can also move the portable generator to a dry place if needed during a rainy day.