A battery failure is one of the most typical reasons for your Generac generator not starting. While batteries can fail for various reasons, including a loose connection or a defective charging device, the most common cause is a significant build-up of sulphate molecules in the electrolyte, which causes the battery to lose its ability to produce sufficient current. This is an unavoidable process that necessitates the replacement of the battery.
It is quite practical. Your generator can only be started by pressing a button. The generator’s battery is what makes the magic happen. The electric start will not work without a battery. This is why selecting the right battery is crucial.
Furthermore, many standby generators do not include a battery. The battery must be purchased. There are just too many brands and models of batteries available, and their quality varies greatly. With so many alternatives on the market, choosing the correct starting battery for your Generac generator can be a difficult task. However, we’ve got you covered with this article. We have reviewed the best batteries according to your Generac generator battery size.
The Top 5 Best Battery For Generac Generator
1. ML9-12 – 12 V 9 Ah Rechargeable SLA Battery
- Ml9-12 Sla Is A 12V 9Ah Sealed Lead Acid (Sla) Rechargeable Maintenance Free Battery
- Amperage 9 Dimensions 5.94 Inches X 2.56 Inches X 3.94 Inches Terminal F2 Listing Is For The Battery Only No Wire Harness Or Mounting Accessories Included
- Compatibility Aqua Vu Marcum Vexilar 12Volt Vexilar Fl-8Se Genz Pack Ion Block Rocker Ups Audio Hr-1234W-F2 Apc Be550G Vexilar Ip1212 Fl-12 Ice Pro Apc Back-Ups 600 Bn600 Marcum Lx-5 Ice Fishing Sonar Razor Ecosmart Metro Electric Scooter Vexilar Up2012D Fl-20 Ultra Pack Vision Cp1272 Razor E200 / E200S / E225 / E300 / E300S / E325 Geek Squad 875Va Ups Cyberpower Rb1290 Ups Apc Back-Ups Es Be725Bb Portable Fish Finder 570 Leoch Djw12-9 0 T2 Razor Mx350 Mx400 Electric Dirt Bike
- Rechargeable Battery That Can Be Mounted In Any Position Resists Shocks And Vibration Long Lasting High Performance In High And Low Temperatures
The Mighty Max ML9-12 12 Volt 9 AH has a state-of-the-art, heavy-duty calcium-alloy grid that provides great performance and service life in both float and cycle applications, delivering power when you need it. The ML9-12 is a valve-regulated Absorbent Glass Mat technology that may be used in enclosed and indoor locations without leakage or maintenance, delivering excellent performance for hundreds of models. It also performs well in both hot and cold environments. This means you’ll get long-lasting, high-performance in both the summer heat and the winter chill.
Thanks to its AGM technology, it may also be placed in any position without leaking. As a result, the battery can be used in various applications. Almost all-electric vehicles, engine starters, medical mobility, access control devices and emergency lighting services use the Mighty Generac batteries. Mighty Max batteries are among the most well-known and well-reviewed sealed lead-acid batteries available.
The non-conductive ABS plastic used in its manufacturing is resistant to shock, vibration, chemicals, and heat. It has AGM technology, which means the battery is spill-proof and requires no maintenance.
- The ML9-12 SLA is a 12V 9AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) maintenance-free rechargeable battery with 9 dimensions.
- 5.94*2.56*3.94 inches H*W*L Only the Battery is listed on Terminal F2. There is no wire harness or mounting hardware provided.
- Shock and vibration-resistant rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position. In High and Low Temperatures, Long-Lasting High Performance.
- Weight: 5.10LBS
- Warranty: one year
- Battery Cell Composition: Sealed Lead Acid
2. YD-9-12 12V 9Ah Battery with Nut & Bolt Terminals by UPSBatteryCenter
- 100% Compatible: Replacement Battery for YD-9-12 (12V9Ah) 12V 9Ah Battery
- 12V 9Ah Nut & Bolt Terminals for Generator Replacement Battery
- Compatible with model: YD-9-12 (12V9Ah) 12V 9Ah Battery with Nut & Bolt Terminals
- Length: 151mm (5.94") / Width: 65mm (2.56") / Height: 94mm (3.70")
- Maintenance Free & Non-Spillable, 1 Year Warranty Included!
The YD-9-12 compatible replacement battery is a high-performance sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with a long service life in your generator. An industry-leading one-year replacement warranty covers the YD-9-12 12V 9Ah nut & bolt replacement battery. An extended warranty of up to three years is available for your convenience.
If you’ve had a bad experience with other models regarding performance and battery life, you should try the UPS Batteries Center 12V 9AH to see how a high-capacity battery feels. Its power rating of 12V 9AH will provide you with a decent runtime, similar to that of other batteries in its category. It has a sturdy construction that can handle shocks and vibrations. It can also withstand a wide range of temperatures without deteriorating or losing performance.
This enables it to live a long time and maintain its excellent performance even as it approaches the end of its useful life.
- 100% compatible battery
- New Replacement Generac battery for Generac generator
- Battery Dimensions: L*W*H: 5.94*2.56*3.70 inches
- High performance
- Warranty: 1 year
- Battery Composition: Sealed Lead Acid
3. Interstate Batteries Generac Generator
- BATTERY APPLICATIONS: Generac generators, emergency lighting, UPS backups, data centers, fire & security systems, tire inflators, jump starters
- COMPATIBLE MODELS: Generac Generators 005747,005939,005940,005941,006673,5798, 5939,5940,5940,5941,5943,5943,5943,5943,GP5500-5939,GP6500-5940,GP6500E-5941,GP7500E-5943,XG7000E-5798,XG8000E-5747,Vexilar 12VOLT,Vexilar FL-8SE Genz,0G9449,APC American Power Conversion BP420NP,B & B Battery HR9-12,HR912B1,CooPower CP12-10,Cyber Power
- HIGH RATE SLA BATTERY: When power interruption is unthinkable, Interstate’s high-rate SLA battery will be there for you. HSL1069 ensures unbeatable backup for non-stop operation for UPS float standby systems & heavy-duty servers. Superior plate-to-terminal connections mean critical power – fast
- OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: Interstate’s long-lasting 0G9449 battery provides the power to start the generator engine for the electric start system for all your applications. Wear work gloves to protect your hands when installing. Provides a high percent of capacity in <1 hour. Flexibility of mounting orientation due to AGM chemistry
- MOST TRUSTWORTHY POWER SOURCE: Since 1952, Interstate Batteries purpose has been to deliver the most Outrageously Dependable source of power to the world. Our customers come first, so we strive for customer satisfaction. We recycle more batteries than we sell; please return to an Interstate All Battery Center near you so we can continue recycling
The HSL1069 is a 12V 9AH SLA/AGM battery that does not require maintenance. VRLA technology prevents over-spilling, and the plate-to-terminal connections are ideal for critical power applications. This battery also features a flexible mounting orientation for numerous usages and gives a high percentage of capacity in less than an hour.
When it comes to replacement batteries, many claims are very typical. Despite their outlandish claims, the problem is that these batteries are frequently inadequate. The good news is that Interstate Batteries is a well-known brand, and unlike other models, the HSL1069 has many features and provides excellent value for money.
High cell compression and fiberglass mat separators enhance battery life by providing excellent vibration resistance in the harshest conditions. All 12V 10Ah Neptune AGM batteries are made with the highest quality materials and undergo a comprehensive testing process to assure safety, OEM compatibility, efficacy, and optimal performance.
- Battery Weight: 5.62 Pounds
- Product’s Dimensions: L*W*H: 2.56*3.7*5.94 inches
- Wattage: 36 Watts
- Voltage:12 Volts
- For the electric start system, battery 0G9449 supplies the necessary power to start the generator engine. In less than an hour, provide a high percentage of capacity.
- Because of the AGM chemistry, mounting orientation is flexible.
- Do not attempt to recharge alkaline double aa batteries; instead, visit an interstate all battery center near you for reliable power for the things that matter most.
4. Neptune 12V 9Ah NT-1290 Rechargeable SLA Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Neptune NT-1290 12 Volt 9 Amp Sealed Lead Acid Hi-Capacity Rechargeable Battery
- Length: 5.94" Width: 2.56" Height: 3.70" - F2 Terminal
- 12-Month Warranty & Lifetime Technical Support from AAA Security Depot since 1991
- Sealed AGM design makes batteries leak free, maintenance free high performance Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) batteries
- Neptune batteries come fully charged and ready to go once delivered. Simply connect your battery to the application and you are ready to go
The Neptune 12V 9Ah NT-1290 SLA battery is a high-performance battery compatible with a wide range of Generac generator types. This battery uses AGM technology and has amazing stats compared to other AGM batteries. It has AGM high-standard separators and valve-regulated lead-acid for long battery life. It’s also spill-resistant.
With all of these safeguards, the battery is extremely safe to use in any situation. It may also be installed in a range of applications because of this. The battery casing is made of high-quality ABS, which is fire, shock, and vibration resistant. This would enable the battery to survive abuse for an extended period without charging. It will also allow you to get the most out of the battery before it dies.
This Generac generator replacement battery has very conventional dimensions. This also makes it easier for the battery to be integrated into other pieces of equipment. Because it’s a sealed lead-acid battery, you can use it right side up, left side up, or bottom down without fear of spills or leaks. The battery is extremely light and small, so it won’t add to the weight of your gear when in use.
- High-CapacityRechargeable Battery
- Battery L*W*H: 5.94*2.56*3.70
- Sealed AGM design to save the battery from leakage
- Fully charged batteries at the time of delivery
- Easy to connect with electric devices and vehicles
- Required Voltages: 12V
- Ready To Use
5. UPSBatteryCenter 12V 9Ah NB
- 100% Compatible Replacement for: Generac 7500E Generator
- 12V 9Ah Nut & Bolt Sealed Lead Acid Rechargeable Battery
- Direct replacement, exact fit, charged, and ready for use.
- Plug and Play - 1 Year Replacement Warranty Included
- Compatibility & Performance Guaranteed
If you are looking for a convenient and sustainable charging option for your UPS, nothing would be a better option than choosing the UPSBatteryCenter 12V 9Ah NB. However, you can consider this Generac generator battery size according to the properties and attributes of your UPS. It is an ideal option to charge different electric devices via UPS. One can install this battery simply and effortlessly by following the manufacturing guidelines provided on the battery’s box.
This battery’s Sealed Lead Acid quality makes it usable and in all conditions without any risks. Moreover, users can also expect the long life of this battery because of the high-temperature control casing.
- SLA high-quality rechargeable battery
- Battery L*W*H: 5.94*2.56*3.94
- Warranty: 1 Year
- 100% compatible with high performance
- Plug and play
- Direct replacement
- Generac 7500E generator
Buying Guide About Generac battery
Many households that experience power outages or storm damage opt for Generac generators. Generators offer the electricity needed to keep your home running in an emergency, but they require battery power. Sealed Lead-acid and gel batteries can all be used to power Generac generators.
Because the battery in a Generac generator is usually included in the purchase price, most customers never have to worry about purchasing Generac generator batteries. Before you go out and buy and search for Generac generator battery cost, you have to focus on the following details:
Battery Size And Required Voltage For Recharging
Generac generators can provide continuous power to a residence. If your generator’s battery is not appropriately sized, it may drain before it runs out of fuel and shuts down. This will leave you without electricity when you need it the most, causing issues with essential items like refrigerators and heating systems. First, it’s crucial to understand the Generac generator battery’s characteristics. The battery’s amp hour rating should be equal to or more than your generator’s wattage.
Maintained Batteries Also Need To Maintain
Maintenance is required for Generac generator batteries, just as it is for any other type of battery. Examine the battery to see if it is clean and dry. The terminals must likewise be corrosion-free. It’s likely that if the battery isn’t maintained, its life will be cut short.
The average lifespan of a Generac generator battery is three to five years. This, however, varies depending on how frequently the generator is used, the climate in which you live, and the sort of battery you have. A Generac generator battery, for example, has a life span of one to three years for a lead-acid battery.
Pricing And Timing
If you are looking for the best battery for a standby generator, you must consider your budget and electrical devices specifications before choosing one. The cost of your battery is determined by its size. The cost of a deep cycle battery may be determined by how often you use the generator and whether or not you use it regularly, so if you live in an area where power outages are common, a deep cycle battery may extend your life Generac Generator Batteries.
Battery Power And Warranty
Choosing a replacement battery with a warranty is always the best option. This way, if the battery fails, you can have it changed without having to pay for it out of your own wallet. Keep in mind that 26r wet cell, gel, and Sealed Lead Acid batteries don’t require the same voltage. So, you have to choose the replacement battery for the Generac generator according to your battery’s specifications.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the budget requirements for the generac generator battery?
The needed budget to buy a Generac generator depends on your generator’s requirements and specifications. Moreover, it also depends on the battery size. A 12V battery is more than enough for a 22KW Generac generator.
what size battery is suitable for generac 22kw generator?
A 26r wet cell battery is more than enough for a 22KW generator. However, you can also increase the capacity according to the usage requirements of your generator.
Does Battery Usage Effect The Battery’s Life?
Of course, yes! The battery’s life span totally depends on the operations and usage of the battery. If you are looking for a durable option, AGM and Sealed Lead Active batteries are the ideal considerations. However, wet cell and gel cell batteries are a viable option with a small life span than an AGM battery.
To keep your home operating during a power outage, you must know what type of battery your Generac generator requires. Make sure you purchase the best battery for a standby generator that is easy to install and will withstand the weather in your location. If you live in a cold climate, you’ll also want to get a battery that can withstand extreme environmental conditions. In our suggestions, Mighty Max and Interstate batteries Generac generators are ideal for charging or powering all types of electrical devices.
You also need to consider the usage requirements of the battery before getting it. Neptune 12V 9Ah NT-1290 rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid Generac is an ideal battery for Generac generator 22KW. An AGM or other sealed lead acid battery is the optimum battery for a Generac generator. These batteries have the greatest cranking amps and are built to withstand deep drain cycles repeatedly.